Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Friendship Bread Explosion



So if anyone has ever gotten one of the Cinnamon Bread/Friendship Bread starters that smells a lot like yeast in a gallon zip lock baggie, then you probably also got the instructions that say much the bag, and some of them even say, let air out of the bag daily.

Well I have done many, many of these starters i my day and I know the drill, and yet somehow yesterday I forgot to let the air out. What resulted was not a complete surprise, but still a total mess and the end of my starter. I will now have to bum another starter off of a friend and take better care next time to let all the air out.

Attached is a picture I took with my phone - it was quite a sight to wake up to, with what looked like vomit all over my counter top. Yum - but trust me, if you haven't tried it, it tastes better than it looks in this picture. :-)

No comments: