Friday, November 13, 2009

The New Girl in Our Lives!


Her name is Kalei Nicole Brooks, and she came to us three days earlier than expected, on October 31st, 2009! She was a whole 7lbs. and 19.5 inches long with lots of dark hair and little ears plastered to her head. Now that she has been with us almost two weeks, I have also discovered that she has a dimple, and so I am investigating which side of our family that comes from since I can't think of anyone with a dimple in our immediate family.
Besides investigating family resemblances though, she has been a treat to take care of...such a good nurser, hardly cries at all, only when she wants to come to bed with me at night, and she still sleeps most of the day. Kinsey is actually still my main occupation.

She loves her little sister, but at the same time has become somewhat 'needy' of mommy time. I, being sensitive to this, decided to plan a little outing with just me and Kinsey yesterday, but at not quite 2 years old, I think the meaning of the trip was lost to her. She slept in the car on the way there and had more fun trying to fasten her own seat belt in the cart at walmart.
I bought her some construction paper, but of course she doesn't know what that is yet, so that wasn't exciting, and then I had to come home before Kalei needed to eat again.
To say the least my love trip to walmart for Kinsey's sake was a flop and she would have probably benefited just as much if we had stayed home and played outside... oh well, next time that is what we will do.
One thing she will benefit from very soon is my mom coming to visit. She has planned enough little presents that Kinsey will get one everyday while she is here! To give you a clue she will be here almost three weeks. Wow, that is a lot of little gifts.
Today is my birthday too, so I will be getting some presents here very soon! I love it when my mom comes to visit!

No comments: