Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Bridegroom King

Sometimes I have dreams, all sorts of dreams. If I am honest, some are seemingly just non-sense, maybe too much pizza before bed, but others are amazingly detailed and show me specials ways I need to pray for people and situations. Every so often, I also feel I receive warning dreams for friends and individuals, pretty rare though.
But then there are dreams like last night. Dreams of romance with the King of Kings, and pictures of His deep, deep love for me. Oh, how I love these dreams. I wake up almost intoxicated with love for my Lord. It is like the Lord paints a mental picture of His word for me to experience.
In this particular dream, it started out with me being poor and not particularly attractive girl, but I was taken to see a Prince. Another girl in the dream thought I would make a perfect wife for the Prince. I was so ashamed of my poverty and appearance though, I tried to run away from him, not believing he could actually love me.
He chased after me though, and when I was the most ashamed of my condition, he offered to take me away with Him.
He took me to a special upper room that was just for us, and he only had eyes for me. He looked at me as if I was the most beautiful woman on the earth, and even when we were in a busy marketplace together, he only had eyes for me. He would talk with others, but he would never take his eyes off me. By the end I was lovesick for Him, so much so, that I could barely breath. He had won me over with His extravagant love for me.
When I woke up I still felt like I couldn't breath for all the love that was stirred in my heart. It felt like my chest was constricted, like when you're a little kid trying to go to sleep the night before Christmas, the excitement makes your breath come in short little spurts.
My stomach was in an uproar with butterflies too.
Like when you are young and a boy kisses you for the first time and you felt like you wanted to fly away and the 'butterflies' are so strong you fear you might throw up. Well it was like that, but x10!
I don't even really know how I'll get thru the day today, for all the residual passion I'm feeling. The Lord loves me, He really loves me, even in my weak and imperfect condition! Oh, what truth made real to me in a new way!
It gives new meaning to the scriptures, 'We love Him, because He first loved us.' (1 John 4:19)
And if you have ever read the first part of Song of Songs in the Bible, it pretty much sums up my dream.

Now I felt like writing about this particular dream because I think that most Christians in general find it hard to view God this way. Jesus is called the Bridegroom King for a reason, and Jesus is God in the flesh. He will be coming back one day to rule and reign on the earth too, and when He does, those who love Him, will be gathered together and offered to Him as a pure and spotless bride.
What a wonderful picture for our hearts to try and comprehend! If you are having trouble picturing God this way, then I suggest studying the Song of Songs and asking the Holy Spirit to make it real to your heart. He can do it. One way or another, He can make His Words come alive to those who love Him! Be blessed.

**Disclaimer, if you are unfamiliar with the idea of Jesus as a Bridegroom and have not heard of His love described as such, it is a Biblical picture of His true passion for us, but it is not a 'sexual' passion. It is a passion of heart. Don't take my dream to some weird, sexual place, it was nothing of the sort. It was pure and beautiful.

No comments: