Monday, November 3, 2008

Today was a good day!

I don't have a whole lot to say, but that today was a good day. The night before I went to bed with a super bad headache. Ken and I had to cancel our date night at the last minute because it got so bad, and I was miserable in bed until around midnight. During that time I laid in bed and prayed, about half of them were about my headache, but the other half were just about things on my heart.
Then this morning I woke up and like most always, the headache was gone, and I felt really refreshed. So I got dressed, drank my coffee and decided to run some errands. Ken watched Kinsey, so I got my errands done super fast.
When I came home I had a light lunch and put Kinsey down for a nap, and then I did my exercises (which I haven't done in a long time). I felt so good after doing them, that I decided to work on my quilt. Kinsey woke up right on time and so she played and snacked while I continued to work on my new quilt.
After a while, Kinsey got fussy and so we went outside to crawl around in the grass and discovered that our friends, the Varners, were on site getting some pictures taken in our lovely yard - well, the Harrigan's lovely yard.
So we visited with them, and then we came in and had some dinner, and I know nothing really profound happened, but I just have this wonderful wholesome feeling inside of my heart.
Like that scripture - Psalm 30:5b 'Weeping may last for the night,
But a shout of joy comes in the morning'
I'm pretty sure that I'm not using it in total context to the rest of the chapter, but that is the verse that came to mind for today. That the Lord watched over me through the night and in His goodness, brought me joy in the morning and for the whole day.
The Lord has been talking to my heart a lot lately, and yesterday was a big day for me and what He has been talking to me about. A turning point, if you will, and so although nothing truly note-worthy happened today, I feel His pleasure and love over me, and it has made it a glorious day to me.
So I just wanted to share that with all my friends and family. Blessings.

1 comment:

The Family said...

beautiful thoughts my dear. well spoken-
lydia